11/1/2013 10:45:00 PM
4 large pears peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
2 tbsp ground flax
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Place sliced pears in large baking dish & sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of ginger and mix to ensure pears are coated.
3. To make the crumble, whisk together remaining dry ingredients in large bowl.
4. Add the coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
5. Using your hands, mix the crumble until pebble sized pieces of dough are formed.
6. Sprinkle crumble over sliced fruit.
7. Bake covered for 45–50 minutes or until topping is crisp and brown.
8. Serve with ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt for an extra treat!
Nutrition Information: 190 calories, 23 carbs, 9 g unsaturated fat, 6 g protein, 14 g sugar